Saturday, January 31, 2009

Things are beginning to calm down here, after a busy month of conference preparation, etc. The SCBWI-FL conference in Miami two weeks ago was awesome, as was the SCWG conference we put on in Cocoa Beach, where children's author
Cynthia Lord was so well received.

Now I am focusing on getting my manuscripts out and doing some school visits...which is where I am looking for some help. I have read about all the wonderful books by people on various blogs, but being me, cannot remember the names of most of them right now. What I am looking for are books for grades 3-5 where the reader can identify with the main character because that character may be experiencing situations similar to what the reader is going through, whether it be death, adoption, school or family problems of any kind, etc.

If you are the author of such a book, or know some good ones to recommend, please let me know ASAP so I can add them to my list.

Thanks in advance!



No comments: