Sunday, May 18, 2008

Celebration

Today was the day scheduled for the celebration of the release of my book, Knowing Joseph. We had it at the library in the park where I live. It was small, but nice.





Of course, we had too much food, but what we had was very good.




Then I talked a little about how I came to write the book, and answered questions, all about autism, what causes it, etc.
Of course I could not answer those, and I am not sure how well I did explaining what autism is to my six-year-old grandson, either. I hope I got it pretty right, though, because another of my guests was a 46 year old man with autism who lives in our park with his parents. Anyway, it was an enjoyable afternoon, which ended with a little excitement, whe we had to call the ambulance for one of my elderly friends (she is okay now, but it did make for an interesting ending to our celebration).

2 comments:

Julie said...

I'm happy you for you, Judith. Congratulations!

PJ Hoover said...

Happy release day!