Thursday, October 16, 2008

Autumn in Florida and other stuff


I have been looking with envy at all the beautiful photos of the fall foliage in the northeast posted recently on various blogs, wishing I were there to take such photos and to enjoy the color, too. But since that is not going to happen, I decided that maybe I could take photos of autumn in Florida..

In Florida, autumn brings the color of oranges and yellows to our fruit trees, as oranges, grapefruit and lemons ripen. Here are some of the lemons on the tree beside my house...will not be long before I can pick and enjoy them.



Here is one of our colorful trees, with these blooms appearing in the fall. The flowers on this one are sparse, compared to some I saw earlier when I did not have my camera...on those, you could barely see the green. Unfortunately, I have not been able to figure out what kind of tree this is yet, so if any of your southerners know, please tell me. Last fall I spent hours trying to figure it out, but never came up with the answer.

In other news, I have about one more chapter to write on my chapterbook before beginning the revision stage. I am also sending my mid-grade off to my editor this week to see if she is interested. Unlike many of you, I don't have a contract for the second book, but there is an option clause in the contract, so here is hoping.

Last weekend hubby and I went to Daytona for a three-day golf outing...and stayed right on the beach. It was great weather, too, so we could actually walk the beach after we finished golf. But alas, again I did not have my camera with me, so there was another photo-op blown!

No comments: