I feel as if I have accomplished a few things this week, and that is a good feeling.
1. Most important, I am getting close to finishing major revisions on my WIP--in fact, I expect I will finish today or tomorrow. FINALLY! I am at about 35,000 words now, which really surprises me, since Knowing Joseph was closer to 20,000 words. That is not saying that the book will end up with that many words, only that to me, it indicates an improvement in my writing...I am learning to develop my stories more.
2. I have started working on setting the program for our Space Coast Writers Guild Conference in January. It looks as if we are going to have some great topics AND great speakers. Cynthia Lord is going to be one of them, and I am really looking forward to that.
3. I have been taking a lot of pictures, and then was invited to join a newly-formed 'digital club' for people who want to share their photography and learn more about their cameras. I went and learned one thing...that I know NOTHING about taking pictures compared to the others there, so I will have to work extra hard to get myself on board. Right now I am of the 'zoom, point, and shoot' type, using the automatic setting, but would really like to know more about adjusting the settings to get the picture I really want.
4. And last, but not least, I am scheduling 'book' things. There is a book fair in September, a couple of school presentations in October, a speaking engagement and book signing at a Family Health Fair in November, and then two more book fair opportunities in December. Things are beginning to happen!
5. Still to do: update my website, to start.
Also had fun with my grandson the other day...he wanted to go 'exploring' in the woods, so we did. Here is what we saw. A squishy log great for jumping on
And lots of trees and branches to climb over, crawl under, etc.