Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I HAVE BOOKS!

I have BOOKS! KNOWING JOSEPH books! A couple of weeks ago, two boxes arrived at my door from the FedEx guy and when I opened them, there were my beautiful books, just waiting for me to reach in and pick up.






I've been having fun ever since. I went to the Autism Awareness festival where I met lots of great people interested in both autism and my book as well as writing--Space Coast Writers Guild sponsored the table--and it was amazing how many people there were who wanted info on the organization, because THEY were working on a book.


I took my books to my aerobics class, where one lady announced to the whole class that she was going to buy one, read it, and then donate it to her local library up north when she went home, and that everyone else should consider the same thing, because she felt it was an important book to get into the hands of kids.


I took the books to golf, and several people in my league thought their grandchildren should have a copy. And so it goes...THIS is FUN!

It has also served as a motivator for me to get busy and finish the revisions on my WIP, and to write another easy reader that my editor from Jason and Nordic (It's Time) has requested.Am not sure if there is an OFFICIAL release date...Amazon says one thing, and Barnes and Noble says another, but I DO know that my editor at Blooming Tree Press assures me the books are in the warehouse and ready to go. And that is enough for me. The long wait is over, and it was worth it.

3 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

They are very pretty books! Congratulations!

Judy said...

Thanks, PJ...I'm pleased with it. First I noticed you lived in Austin, and then I recognized your book. Am looking forward to reading it...it's out this fall, isn't it?

PJ Hoover said...

Yes, Judy. Thanks! October :) And I'm looking forward to reading yours too! It sounds great.