Friday, May 11, 2007

End of the Week

Today is our last day of 'babysitting' the grandkids. I've enjoyed it, but at the same time, am glad I am past the 'raising children' stage of my life. That may be a little selfish of me, but at this stage of my life, I enjoy having time to myself.

But I will miss them while they spend the next couple of years in Germany. Good travel opportunity, though. Having a kid in the military gives us an excuse to travel to a lot of different places, since they move every two or three years. Have been to Germany once already, about twelve years ago...now we'll get to go again.

Did a little work on my WIP while here, but had to stop and check out my characters. Guess I probably am not as organized about that as I should be. How many are too many? I don't know if I should limit the experience to just a few people or to actually deal with the four or five primary adults and the eight or ten primary kids that the MC meets all within a day or two when he goes to summer camp. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Are there 'rules of writing' that covers situations like this?

Tomorrow is a travel day...eight hours on the road, with a probable stop to play golf half way home. Then back to the 'old routine.'

No comments: