Sunday, May 20, 2007

Next Step

It's been almost a week since my book arrived in my mailbox and I am becoming more excited about it all the time. I think that has something to do with the fact that others seem excited about it. So maybe it is a good thing.

The question now is how do I best market it? I have already donated a copy to my public library, and have contacted many of the people on my email list. I have looked up librarians' names for the local public schools, but still have not decided whether I should email them or send postcards. Partly that is because I don't know if my emails will reach them, with such stringent safeguards on what comes into the schools. I DO know that any email with more than one address on it doesn't make it through, but don't know if it has to have a recognized email address or not.

I've also researched Autism Societies by state and have sent personal letters to a few of them, but again, how do we know that the spam filters have not filtered us out?

I must be doing something right, though, because the hits on my webpage have gone from 0-8 to 25-66 daily over the last week...might not seem a lot to many people, but it is to me...at least people are checking the book out...

No comments: